Pricing & Payment
Note: Latest Exchange Rates: 1 United States Dollar = 2 Barbadian Dollar
How does it work?
- We charge a finder’s fee (Agency Fee) for each booking that you make.
- The total cost of a job is determined on a case by case basis, depending on your specific requirements.
- We charge a surplus for last minute bookings (when you need someone in 6 hours or less). We can also arrange a ‘meet and greet’ with a sitter, nanny or tutor for an additional cost. The sitter rates depend on the individual sitter/nanny/tutor and your requirements. The hourly (or weekly) fee is determined between you and your sitter/nanny/tutor.
Nanny Vs. Babysitter
Babysitter/Short Term Nanny fees are as follows:
- Placement fee of BDS $35 per booking
- If you book more than one date at the same time, the additional booking(s) are BDS $20 per booking.
- We ask for a minimum of 12 hours notice for any booking, any less will incur a BDS $20 rush fee.
Please note: there is a 3 hour minimum (i.e. if you are out for less than 3 hours, the sitter should still be paid for 3 hours worth of sitting) unless otherwise agreed.
|less than 30 hours a week||30 or more hours a week|
|4+ children||Two sitters at $20/hour each||Two sitters at $15/hour each|
Nanny fees are as follows:
- Agency Fee of BDS $300
- Our nanny placement fee includes a consultation, recruitment and follow up, with a 4 week trial period with your new nanny. If for some reason your nanny is not a good match for your family, we will help you find a replacement nanny free of charge.
- The nanny’s hourly wage is BDS $15 per hour (depending on the number of children and the chores included in the role) As a full time employer, it is up to you whether you pay NIS, and this can be discussed with your Nanny before the job starts.
- If you’d like to set up a Meet and Greet to go over the nanny’s qualifications in person and have your children meet them, we would be happy to accommodate. A Meet & Greet will incur an additional BDS$15 Agency Fee and a 1 hour minimum charge at $20/hour for the prospective Sitter/Nanny.
Tutor fees are as follows:
- BDS $150 Placement Fee for the first 12 weeks
- The hourly rates of our Tutors range from BDS $15-$30 per hour depending on the syllabus and the job. You determine this with the Sitter before the job and pay them after each shift.
House/Pet Sitter Fees
House/Pet Sitters fees are as follows:
- Agency fee: BDS $35 Placement fee
|Pet and House Sitting Pricing|
|Stop in visits. Responsibilities include:||Live in responsibilities:|
|House Sitting||$10-15/day (depending on chores required)||$25/day (price negotiable for extended stays)|
|Pet Sitting||$20-30/day (depending on needs of animals)||$30/day (price negotiable for extended stays)|
|Combination of House + Pets||$25-30/day (depending on needs of animals)||$30/day (price negotiable for extended stays)|
How can I pay?
All agency fees can be paid by cash or cheque to Island Sitters Inc. or can be paid in cash and given to the Nanny on their first day/week of work. All Nanny wages/salaries will be paid to the nanny directly, as agreed upon between you and the nanny.
I just need a couple of hours worth of sitting – is that OK?
We operate a 3 hour minimum charge so you are required to pay your sitter for 3 hours even if you need them for less.